The purpose of the Luton Sports Network is:
- To promote awareness of local sports clubs
- To promote events relating to local sports
- To support sports clubs, athletes and coaches through grant funding
- To hold an annual awards evening for Luton Sports people
By working with local partners affiliated to the Luton Sports Network our role in the community is:
- To increase awareness and participation in local sport and active recreation
- Improve health and well being
- To help create stronger communities through sport and active recreation
- Improve education through participation
The Key successes of the Luton Sports Network over the last 12 months have been:
- Sports awards evening 2012
- "Back into" sponsorship
- Triathlon Event
- Record number of grant awards paid
- Release of regular newsletters
The future plans for the Luton Sports Network over the next 12 months are:
- Champion the concept of Luton's new Aquatic Centre
- Identify 10 clubs and support the confirmed clubs plan to gain accreditation from the clubs Governing Body
- Provide resources to assist the development of a further 3 School Club Links
- Continued promotion of sports in Luton
- Wider partnership activities with LBC, Active Luton and team BEDS & LUTON
Luton on Sunday Online Poll
Luton Sports Network have teamed up with Luton on Sunday to have an on-line poll.
If you are in their free distribution area, you will see details in the Luton on Sunday (23/02/2014 edition) on pages 24 and 25. Details of how to vote can be found on their website www.luton-dunstable.co.uk and follow the links.
Luton Sports Awards Young Volunteer of the Year
Luton Sports Awards Contribution to Disabled Sport
Voting will remain open until Monday 17 March 2014. he winner will be announced at the awards ceremony on the 27 March 2014.
For more information vist the Spots Awards section of the LSN site.